Sunday, September 11, 2011

Another school year begins...

As most of you know, my (Dan) last school year was pretty rough.  I was unprepared and had no idea what was about to happen to me.  Well the next year is now underway.  We've only been in school for 2 days, but the kids have already tried to hit/kick me and have destroyed the room a few times.  To my utter surprise I have been able to handle this much better than last year.  I came home from work on Friday and I wasn't crying!  I was able to let a lot roll off my back and Sarah and I went out to celebrate/mourn the end of summer :(

This year I'm starting off with 7 students, 4 first graders and 3 second graders.  I've actually got two girls this year, which is a bit different for me (last year I only had one girl and she didn't start until March!).
This is my class from last year (2010).  They were amazing and really gave me a run for my money!
Sarah and I had a great first summer together.  We went on a few trips with friends, we've participated in two Calvin Alumni gatherings and have had regular visits from some much beloved dogs.  Unfortunately, there aren't any recent pictures of us together:(  Hopefully we'll be ordering some wedding pictures soon and can upload some of those.  

2 comments:

  1. Yo, Mr. Draeger! Where the Dominican at on this map?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not in the U.S. so it's not on the map. - me

    Ok. Where's Jamaica then? - him :)

    ReplyDelete